LATEST NEWS ON HIV

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Study concludes that interleukin-2 has no benefit before HIV treatment interruptions, but increases side-effects

Injections of interleukin-2 (Proleukin) do not allow patients to remain off HIV treatment for longer, according to the final results of a randomised controlled trial. Interleukin-2 also had no effects on patients’ viral loads during treatment interruptions. The study’s results were published in the June edition of The Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Diseases.

Interleukin-2 is a naturally occurring immune system messenger or ‘cytokine’ that stimulates the production and maturation of CD4 T-cells. Researchers have studied the use of interleukin-2 in HIV-positive patients since the early 1980s as a way to boost CD4 cell counts in patients who have not yet started anti-HIV treatment. They have also tested its effects in patients who are planning a break from HIV therapy, to prolong the time they can remain off treatment. The aim of this is to avoid the side-effects and cost of continuous treatment.......

Read more

Click Following

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/99DB08B9-822F-49A7-B50C-87E9085F4A7F.asp

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger LORI HIRST said…

    Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV VIRUS, which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to HIV/AIDS until I met Dr. James herbal mix medicine. The doctor that have been helping people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for HIV permanent cure online I found out about Dr. James, and to my greatest surprise Dr. James has the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr.James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all i have been through.you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now [Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com] And He also has herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, ALS, Autism,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV infections, ulcer
    He can interpret your dreams and tell you the meaning
    Marriage counseling
    Reasons why you are single n not married
    Reasons why you are much hated and bad luck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home